Our Embeddable Calculator can help your clients and prospects come to their own conclusions about their life insurance needs - while they are on your website. With a few easy steps, you can customize it to work with your website’s color scheme and design. Follow the instructions below.
Add your website to your Account Profile
Before you can embed the calculator on your website, you'll need to add your website to your Account Profile. This will make sure the permissions are set so the calculator will display correctly.
- Navigate to your Account Profile by clicking on your Name > Account in the top right.
- In the Company Information section, add/update your website where you'll be embedding the calculator. You can add up to three websites. (Note: Website #1 is used for personalizing the downloadable resources.) Click Save to save any changes in this section.
Customize the calculator appearance
There are several options that can be used to customize the colors of the calculator before you embed it on your website or it can be used as-is.
- Navigate to the Embeddable Calculator page by clicking on Embeddable Tools > Calculator in the menu.
- In the Customize section you'll see the available options for the colors of the calculator. To change a color click on the color square and use the color picker to select your new color or enter the six digit color hex code.
- The following are where each color appears in the calculator:
Embed the calculator
After adding your website to your Account Profile and customizing the colors you can use the embed code to add the calculator to your website.
- To the left of the calculator you'll see the embed code.
- Click the Copy Code button.
- Paste the code into your website HTML where you'd like the calculator to appear. On a PC you can use the shortcut Ctrl+V to paste, and on Mac you can use the shortcut Command+V to paste.
For specific instructions on how to add code into your website HTML we recommend checking your website provider's help documents, as the instructions can vary significantly. Here are links to instructions for some more commonly used website builders:
That's it! You should now see the calculator display directly on your website page.